Leslie Jordan Phone: 706-778-4126
Welcome to the Demorest Counseling Homepage
My name is Leslie Jordan and I am honored to the be the school counselor at Demorest Elementary School. Demorest Elementary is a very special place. I am blessed that my son and daughter are able to attend this special school. As a parent, I know that there is no greater responsibility than that of nurturing growth in children. Thank you for entrusting Demorest Elementary to nurture the academic, social, and emotional growth of your child. If I can be of assistance in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me, Leslie Jordan, at 706-778-4126 or email me at [email protected]
The Demorest Elementary School Counseling Program is based on the
American School Counseling Association (ASCA) National Standards.
The Professional School Counseling Program Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide every student access to a certified professional school counselor and to provide opportunities to acquire academic, career, personal, and social competencies, within a comprehensive and developmental counseling program, to promote quality learning and lifelong success.
* All students have dignity, worth, and the right to a safe and nurturing environment which supports and enhances student achievement and life long success.
* All students will be provided with a School Guidance and Counseling Program that will be consistent with expected developmental stages and differences in learning styles.
* All students' ethnic, cultural, racial differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school-wide Guidance and Counseling Program.
The Habersham County Schools Counseling Program Will:
* Have an Advisory Council comprised of professional school counselors, representatives from the school, and administrators and community members for the purpose of planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the program.
* Work collaboratively to provide challenging and engaging learning opportunities that align with local, state, and national standards and are integrated with the total school curriculum.
* Adhere to the American School Counselors Association (ASCA) National Model.
* Use data to develop, monitor, and assess the counseling program.
* Support counselor, teacher, and advisory council member participation in ongoing professional development training, workshops, and research to maintain the quality of the counseling program.
* Abide by the ethical standards of the American School Counselors Association (ASCA) and the Georgia School Counselors Association (GSCA).